Mark your calendars, Studio B has two upcoming auditions: Curious Savage and Fiddler on the Roof. Audition packet for both shows can be found on the auditions page of www.studiobtheater.info.
The Curious Savage– Directed by Charles Ballinger
Auditions: Friday, Jan. 6 at 7:30 p.m, please bring a headshot, resume and audition form. Be prepared for cold readings. Rehearsal dates: Feb. 7-March 8—Tues/Wed/ Thur/Fri 7:00-9:00, Saturdays 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Performances: March 8, 9, 10, 11-7:30 Thursday/Friday/Sat, 2:30 Sun.
Ethel P. Savage has inherited millions of dollars and her step-children are overly eager to help her distribute the funds. The children institutionalize her, but it is there that Mrs. Savage discovers a host of social misfits who need the type of help she can provide. This popular comedy by John Patrick leaves audience members feeling that the neglected virtues of kindness and affection are not entirely lost.
Casting all roles:
- Florence- gentle, eager to please, inclined to be “elegant” (20-40)
- Hannibal- plump, cherubic, math expert, plays violin (30-50)
- Fairy May- pretty, young, dainty, witty, delightful (20s)
- Jeffrey- handsome, young but dignified, plays piano (20-30)
- Mrs. Paddy- has a fierceness to her, hates many things that she spouts off about but otherwise does not talk, paints (50-60)
- Titus- well-dressed senator, sober, humorless and direct (40+)
- Samuel- brother to Titus, short, undistinguished, seems lost (40+)
- Lily Belle- sister to above, slender, chic, assured and selfish (30-50)
- Ethel- small, fragile looking, pleasant with ready smile, clever (60+)
- Miss Wilhemina- goes by Willy, kind, confident (20-30)
- Dr. Emmett- strong, authority figure (50+)
Fiddler on the Roof–directed by Jill Hall
Auditions: Open to all ages. There are limited ensemble roles for younger children. Families are encouraged to participate together. Looking for strong teen and adults. Casting for all roles. Auditions are Saturday, February 11 from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Please bring a prepared 1 minute monologue, 16 bars of a musical theater song with accompaniment cd, acting resume and headshot. May be asked to do a cold reading from the script. Rehearsal dates: March 6-April 19-Tues/Wed/Thurs from 6:30-8:30 p.m., Saturdays 10 a.m.-1 p.m. (no scheduled rehearsals March 12-17, or April 7, unless called by director). Pick up rehearsal April 26 at 6:30 p.m. Performances: April 20, 21, 22, 27, 28, 29: 7:30 on Fridays & Saturdays, 2:30 Sundays
The Show: In the small village of Anatevka, the poor dairyman, Tevye, tries to instill in his five daughters the traditions of his Jewish community and heritage despite the changing world around them. Rich in historical and ethnic detail, this musical has touched audiences around the world.
Males: Tevye, Lazar Wolf, Perchik, Motel, Constable, Fyedka, Avram, Mendel, Rabbi, Mordcha, Nachum, The Fiddler, Sasha, Yussel
Females: Yente, Golde, Chava, Tzeitel, Hodel, Fruma Sarah, Grandma Tzeitel, Shprintze (child), Bielke (child), Shaindel
Ensemble: Including Villagers (including children), Russians